Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Where have the wolves gone?

So as I may have mentioned over at the Codename: Danger blog, the same can be said for this story as well. There's a mental block on these two for some reason that's keeping me from being able to do what I need to write them. The material is there, there are pieces written and even step-by-step plotted out but finishing whole chapters has seemingly become a chore that my mind just simply cannot do no matter how much I try to force it. I don't know if it's BECAUSE I'm trying to force it or if there's another underlying reason. I mean other than the fact that this and Codename: Danger are soon following in the path of Beauty I don't know why they are being stubborn. They knew when they were ending just like Beauty did! Although After Midnight has a little ways to go before hitting its ending, it's there looming in the future like a masked killer with a knife and Kaya, Caleb, Connor, Charlie and the rest don't seem to want to walk down that dark alley. I'm trying, I am! I just wanted to let you know where my head was progression wise! I won't let this cursed block stop me for long! Thank you for your patience and understanding :)

~ Daijah

6 comments:

  1. 0.o Well, there's your problem right there! Get that masked killer with a knife to dress up as a cutesy (tasty) bunny rabbit and they'll be racing down that path! ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! That might actually do the trick :P I guess I should be proud that they are smart enough NOT to walk into visible danger! Thanks Gemly :)

      Delete
  2. I think it's the ending bit, there's always that little piece of anything you create that really enjoys being 'alive'.
    Being brave enough to end them is never easy :(
    But all in all, I love all your stories, forgive me for not commenting as much as I should :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I know when I had just the last two chapters of Beauty to do it took me weeks to even shoot the last chapter :( I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It's crazy how that works. And even when I told that crazy girl who sits in my head all day that we had other stories in the works she refused to cut the cord! Thank you Ivory! I really appreciate that :)

      Delete
  3. Is your mental block because you know I'm going to miss my wolves? Because I will. I most definitely will. However, I have faith that you'll come up with yet another story to take its place that I will love just as much. Say you will, Daijah! You're much too good to quit writing. So, that being said, I give you my blessing to do whatever is necessary to bring this beloved story to its conclusion. Just keep giving me more ... of whatever stories are in that head of yours. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably :( I'll miss them too! Although there are 30 ish chapters still planned. It's just being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel that's their problem I think lol. I have a few in the works as we speak. One is a sort of continuation of the Halloween story (Abby & Zach), another is one I'd started a while ago but never really published plus there's Secrets Kill which I created a plot and characters for and never went anywhere with. And Wasteland that's been on the shelf for a year now. So no worries lol there will always be stories :P Thank you for your constant support Lily! It really means a lot to me. I just have to give myself a good kick in the butt I think. Every time I see the end this happens. It's a problem really!

      Delete